Little Brothers

11/19/2014 03:23:00 pm

It was rather weird to be the only person who wasn't a parent or High School Student friend at the party but it was lots of fun nonetheless. And being introduced to all his high school friends was funny. There were three Helens. All from St George. What the? Oh girls, seemingly so shy around the boys. It's a bit like when you are given all this advice and wisdom that you don't understand at the time. And suddenly, as you get older, these things click into place... hard to describe. But it felt a bit like that last night. As in I was the slightly older person, who would have been given all this advice as a teenager only not to understand until I was who I am today. (Deep, I know...)

Basked in the glory I received for the amazing LoL cake. Yes!!! It was a good idea after all. They all seemed to know what it was, etc even though I didn't! Thank you google and pinterest for the images. Hahah! When teenagers act like excited primary school kids again over something so mundane as cake, you know it is a good effort!

I had to take a photo of all the people taking a photo of my cake. These things made the long hours worth it. And of course when people come up to me and ask if I can make their birthday cake. Marketing in its truest form. Free.


I distinctly remember the last time I went to the Garden Buffet at the Star. I was around about the same age as Leonard. I.e., senior high and thinking this was one of the cooler places to hang out. Whole bunch of people who I thought were my friends, I guess they were at the time. Gosh, haven't I changed since then? Good to know that some things don't and these places are still popular with older teens. I guess it makes sense? Where else can you eat copious amounts of food on a limited budget. And I am sure the guys would put a pretty decent effort in getting their money's worth. I know I didn't last night... at all. Just wasn't so appealing to me. 

I seem to come across the casino complex quite often lately. Have been by more than a handful of times in the past few months. I am beginning to feel like I know the place backwards. Don't usually think of Harbourside / Pyrmont as a place to usually hang cause it is so far from everything else.

Found it hilarious last night that Ari preferred to sit with the girls that with me. Ha ha ha pimping already. And he gets along with all the other older kids there so it was really nice to see the relationship between older and younger brother. And they were all pretend arm wrestling with him and letting him win. Very cute. Ari looks up to Leonard almost in an idolizing way and he was so excited that it was Leonard's birthday yesterday. I wonder if my sister use to look up to me like that? Perhaps not, given that our age difference isn't so great.

Love love LOVE this photo of the two. I may have always wished for older brothers but I guess having these two younger godbros is just as special. And I am always so touched when they think of me or Wendie when they do something or want to come over or need help. Just like how I was a little surprised when Leonard personally asked for a 'massive cake' for his birthday. (Insert self constructive criticism on cake... Bottom tier needs to be iced better so that the layers of cake are not so obvious under the fondant. Requires thicker layer of ganache). Happy birthday lil bro ;)


You Might Also Like

0 feedback