Sleep hasn't felt so good in months

6/01/2014 12:24:00 am

It's been another long week.....

We didn't see it coming at work but have been absolutely hammered with the amount of work that was required of us this week. Needless to say, this meant that there wasn't a day that I left the office before 7, if not close to. Considering a 8:30 start, it makes for a very long brain-power draining day.

I'm so so glad that I did manage to see the girls midweek and catch the new Xmen movie. A very welcome distraction and I feel like I hadn't caught up with some of them in a couple of months. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie too. I was never a big Xmen fan but this one had a stellar cast and well, it was just easy to follow although predictable.

What wasn't so fun was getting up way before dawn on Friday for a cake. Perhaps in hindsight, I should have said no. Embarrassingly spelt poor Jue's name wrong too. Oh dear... and it was only three letters. *sigh* But the cake was good.

Had yet another overdue catch up with my two non-Asians Madison & Sarah on Friday night. And as usual, we went Asian and went to Golden Century to be completely ripped off (well, to me as the token asian anyway). Sweet & Sour Pork @ $30 a dish??? And Chinese broccoli for $15? Come On!!!! Though the wine was very good - any sort of alcohol would have been fine at this stage! Was hilarious, they were completely disgusting by the fact that your live seafood was brought to your table in a bag for your approval before being taken into the kitchen. And then they saw lobster sashimi served with the head still on the platter taken to a table behind us. That didn't go down too well with them. But we thoroughly enjoyed our dishes, none of which contained live seafood :)

After, we went for a stroll along darling harbour and caught the 9 pm fireworks and a couple of bits of Vivid before heading to Cargo Bar for another drink before calling it a night. Had such a good time, i actually wouldn't have minded staying for another few despite probably being asleep on my feet! love the two girls... who knew that this dysfunctional and backwards workplace would give me so many unconditional friendships!

Had an excellent sleep last night! It does help when you are obliged to wake up super early on Saturday. So got up in my own time and then we went yum cha with grandma. Made my aunty sandy's surprise birthday cake (well planned team, well planned). She had no clue until after dinner when Justin made an excuse that he had to come by and pick up something from our place because he had forgotten. Hehehe. So well executed, I'm quite proud of us!

And one other thing that has made me feel special and loved this week is my mum. She's awesome always but this week we had a massive clean out of the house and my unofficial cake decorating area has never looked so neat, clean and ordered! AND... I love it when my mum goes shopping and buys me gifts! New clothes... just because. Ah.... working full time and still having things bought for me... gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. :)

You Might Also Like

0 feedback