Not Often
6/19/2014 11:48:00 pmQ2 end is here! Long hours are here!
We pumped out the Moet this afternoon to celebrate the biggest deal of the quarter so far... ahhh I love my company. And to think that "back in the day", it was a hundred times BETTER than what it was now!
And not often is there something so compelling that it makes me post midweek, midnight!
But we had a slight reprieve today when we were all dragged away from our desks whether we were ready or not at 7:15 for our dinner at Ripples, Chowder Bay with our outgoing APJ General Counsel and incoming new boss. It was a lovely evening (they made jokes about the menu "&" means both, they wouldnt want to argue with a bunch of lawyers!). I wouldn't have chosen all of the company tonight but we managed and it was pleasant.
I got to sit in the car with all the big boys.. ;) And after tonight, Lexus > Audi. Hands down. I want I want!
Anyway, we smashed 6 bottles of wine between 9 of us and had an absolutely lovely 3 course meal.
The waiter at one stage poured the last of one of the bottles of reds in my glass. And our new boss, Mark (a reserved, softly spoken french guy) told us the most beautiful tale. That pouring the last of a bottle into a lady's glass (this must be a French thing???) meant that she will be the next one at the table... to get married - within the year. Everyone burst out laughing BECAUSE I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WASN'T MARRIED!!! It would have been trouble if it was someone else :P :P :P :P
He seems so serious and pops out stories like this... I think it will be an interesting few months and years coming up! They say we have the best team in the APJ region... that we are cohesive, coherent and we gel together so well but I feel like there are little rifts everywhere. Perhaps it is me - still feeling a little lost - and going in-between two worlds. I still very much am part of Finance but I have been moved physically (poached if you will) into Legal. And whilst we fall under the same "umbrella"... tonight has shown me that it is very much a "Us vs. Them" mentality. So where does my allegiance lie? I think it is the same hoighty-toity people creating that (I am pointing to 2 people, possibly 3 out of 9) and I wish we'd all just get along. Not as easy as it seems...
Scott, who is leaving and who I also only met for the first time this week is such an American. So funny, warm and full of sht!!! I wish I got to know him better but apparently Richard our CFO has ben telling stories about me *blushes*. All good I hope!
Funniest thing was I was in the cab home and Justin & Carmen were in the car in front of me... we waved at each other in Bevo. Lol, what a big big coincidence.
0 feedback