It's been another year

6/13/2014 09:05:00 pm

(Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You)

This time last year, I was in-between jobs! And cruising Cairns and Melbourne. I never realized how much of a burden and what a dark place my previous role was and what it did to me until I started here.

So much has changed. . . Said goodbye, lived a lot and in general decided that I could do a whole lot more. Made an effort to catch up with many people who have been instrumental in my life and the choices I have made. Spent a lot of money. Saved some. Baked and baked some more. And even got better at baking. Met lots of new people. Learnt to take the good with the bad. Finally learnt to kill them with kindness, to bite your tongue and to shine when you can. And to never hold back.

Can't say I'm absolutely loving it at the moment but definitely a far cry from where I was a year ago and there is so much potential and opportunities and ways to blow them out of the water ;)

Most importantly... I'm happy and I feel like I belong. There are days that I still feel lost but this new family is something that I want to be a part of for a long time.

On another note on which I am EXTREMELY proud of myself... halfway through the month and I've only spent a couple of hundred dollars. Whoop that means an extra 2 or 3 grand in savings this month! HELLO mortgage offset account! I haven't done so in ages (3 months) so I am sooooooo proud of myself. I'd said time and time again, I have a mortgage but I don't act like someone who has a mortgage and this is completely the wrong mindset. Each additional dollar you spend is another brick on your home loan and its pricey and one day, it's going to be painful.

I consider myself to be a numbers person and I love to crunch numbers but sometimes, seeing the numbers in your bank account... you don't see it as dollars. I should have more self-restraint.

Missed the flash sale today where my Mulberry Double Zip Bayswater was on sale at 35% off. Feeling rather blue about it. Not sure what I want to do now. Happy Friday the 13th!

You Might Also Like

0 feedback