Emotion.
4/25/2014 10:03:00 pmBusted my ass off at work yesterday in prep for the long weekend and being the only one in my team actually at work. So I stayed back pretty late and had 2 cakes due that night for the weekend.
Things were actually going really well. I got home, had a bit of dinner and started baking. Was done with my Ombre cake and the dirty ice for my big Saturday order and had these on the drying bench. Called it a night just after midnight.
What could go wrong?
So Maxxie was making a shitload of noise randomly in the middle of the night. And he was let in while mum quickly went to shower. In the 10 or 15 minutes of doing so, my cake was destroyed. He had taken a massive chunk out of it.
The little prick had destroyed my hours or work. It was a $300 cake. And I didn't even find out until the next morning.
And I was so upset that I bawled my eyes out until I was too tired to cry anymore. And I don't cry often.
I then spent the next 8 hours remaking the cake and frantically trying to do everything in time for tomorrow. Lucky for me, it was a public holiday and so I managed...
But I did drown my pain and tiredness tonight with a whole bottle of this beautiful spritzy wine all to myself.


0 feedback