Wine... how I love thee
5/01/2014 12:05:00 pmMy recent travels / road trip / weekend away has changed my mind on how I view wine. At a restaurant or catch up drinks, its usually the house white and whatever is cheapest and gets you tipsy the quickest. For this reason, I don't really like that the mark up in restaurants and bars is 3 or 4 times the actual price of the bottle from the cellar or from the bottle shop.
So when out, unless a special occassion or BYO, yes, it usually is the house white, the Sauv Blanc or whatever strikes our group's fancy that occassion.
However, when home, I think that this latest excursion has highlighted that good wine, and affordable wine is available. And that one should take the time to do their research and buy something of the sort.
Yes, yes, all that wine tasting has given me new favourites.
Top of the list... Whites:
Cellar Door only Wynns 2012 Late Harvest Riesling
Peter Lehmann Princess Moscato
Top of the list... Reds:
Wynns 'the Gables' 2011 Cabernet Shiraz
Seppeltsfield has a range of full bodied reds too
Anyway, I joined the Wynns Gables Club and I think I'm going to buy 6 cases of the Late Riesling. Its my new go-to wine. You can't get it anywhere else and its amazing. Seriously. Amazing. I might not even share. Unless its your birthday. I may or may not gift you a bottle.
0 feedback