all the small things that matter in life

4/13/2014 03:11:00 pm

What a Saturday... it was the annual pilgrimage to the hills for the one and only ms D's birthday. it was epic. it was cold. it was amazing. and it had all the elements of a adult kid's party down to the old school candy, party bags and screaming. Thrown in with a healthy dose of delicious food cooked by donna's mum, scones (made by me of course), meringue clouds (cherry's efforts), the DIY photo booth with very carefully crafted props and 2 rounds of epic epic Scattergories.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the effort, don't think I'd ever do something like it. But its good to get the Stgghs peeps together to chat (as usual, we boycotted the movie and sat in the kitchen). It brought out our competitiveness. And it meant we all ate way too much... again. The wine was amazing though :P

 
Happy Birthday again, thanks for always making it worth it!

Had to run around in the morning dropping Ari off at tutoring and then going to the cake décor shop to pick up essentials since I won't be here next weekend. To drive down to the south and then stop by home and then all the way north feels like a mini roadtrip. The traffic was uncool yesterday: one breakdown on the m4 and an accident as well. Made for slow driving.

I think sometimes I'm not that great a driver... cue: I drive like an Asian, young female...? But I only notice this when I'm transporting cake because I'm always terrified something will happen like the cake will fall or collapse or something. Just remember breaking hard a few times and holding my breath to make sure the bunch of balloons sticking out of the cake didn't fall. It didn't... p h e w. Oh yeah, and I should probs be looking more at the road, not the cake.

Lingered a bit last night, dropped Anita off at her place but its always a quick drive in the middle of the night. Felt a little bit intimidated / out of place / spooked when driving through Punchbowl though. Was driving down this one street and it was almost 1 a.m. and there were guys hanging around their cars outside... like what the? :\


You Might Also Like

0 feedback