Turned out Perfect
3/29/2014 11:50:00 pmQuarter End buzzing. Chocolate Bribes are in and it's a race against the clock to sign those contracts. Lucky for me, only had to stay back until 6 on Friday night.
Which meant I ended up with plenty of time to make my 200 odd, 4 different types of cookies. They smelt good. ANZAC, Chocolate Chip, Macadamia & Cranberry and Peanut Butter, Oats & Choc Chip. After accounting for all the guests and the eat-me-nows, just-because, party favours and thank you gifts, was literally left with about 15 cookies or so. I love it when it doesn't go to the family's waist (clever aren't I?)!
Today turned out awesome too. Finally got to catch up with Joyce at The Chalkboard Cafe in Waterloo. I have to say that the food and coffee were average. Not so bad that you couldn't eat it but nothing inspiring like Room 10 the previous week. But the table we sat as was almost $3000 solid wood and of course, we spilt stuff all over it. Classy. Thanks to two entertainment book cards, we all managed to have a main and 2 drinks for under $20 each so it was a really good deal.
Had to move the proceedings on a little as I wanted to check out IKEA and specifically buy a new bed and grab the $5 step stool bargain. The step stools unfortunately were sold out by the time we got there (mid afternoon on Saturday) and I was convinced by the parents to go for the more expensive bed frame (it was dearer by $80). Again, luck on my side, got the last white bed with the help of a girl who found one lying around in the wrong location. Yay, the trip wasn't for nothing. And even better yet, it fit in the car with both the middle and front seat down (without any passengers in the car). So yes, you can transport a flat pack double (and probably even queen) bed in a medium sized sedan. Good to know for the future I can assure you!
So in between unloading the car and getting the packages upstairs, I managed to dirty ice Ari's birthday cake and set it aside. Dad and I got to work unassembling my old frame and Albert and Wendie were the 'assembling crew'. They took their time but they have built this bed before. I built the storage boxes but Albert and Dad ended up having to do the whole thing again (LOLOLOLOL) and I have basically been barred from future construction projects which suits me just fine. Oh yeah, and thanks Justin who said he was coming at 6 but arrived at 7 to help with the final 2 or 3 steps. Hahaha, if anything, he needs the practice for his own place in a year or so's time!
Pretty buggered by now but still managed to finish Ari's cake and his cupcakes. Cupcakes are average, not really photo worthy but love the cake!!! Happy Birthday Champ, last year in single digits and go team, we got a 10/10 on his latest writing assignment. WOOHOO stoked!

1 feedback