Not your average Friday night

2/08/2014 02:39:00 pm

Finally some quiet time in the office this week and got to sit down and get through my numerous mundane queries in my inbox!

We went to Ryo's again for lunch. The walk this time wasn't so bad... 10 degrees from 36 to 26 makes a big difference. And again, we were early enough not to need to wait for a seat which was great.

Had the Tokyo Soy flavoured ramen which was nice. It's meant to have these great ratings but I don't think I'm a big enough fan of ramen for it to me sensational. And I do believe that there are a other better places around Sydney. And most certainly, in Japan!

And we were a little overdue for some Friday Night drinkies with a few of the people in the office so we headed to Opera Bar. And on the way, bumped into Tony Abbott's 3 car motorcade.

Opera Bar was completely packed but we managed to get a pretty cool seat. Beautiful sunshine and watched the P&O Carnival set sail out of the harbour. Not something you see everyday.

And saw a couple got engaged. Perhaps a little attention seeking but wish them all the best!

Then, our indecisiveness got the better of us and so began the slow and slightly painful trek from the quay to chinatown in search of food. We ended up at Arisun Korean just around the corner from darling quarter. It was good. Best pancake i've had in a while. More beer and a hot pot. Nomnom.

Heard the fireworks outside. And then time to call it a night!

I slept like a baby. Was so good. And churned out ANZACs, rocky road brownie (too cake-y), almond biscuits (failed macaron shells) and TWO baked cheesecakes. On fire.... I love baking!

You Might Also Like

0 feedback