Happy Chocolate Day
4/05/2015 11:10:00 amIn many ways, it is a "wasted" long weekend for me. No big plans, no plans to visit the Easter Show, or Road Trip or Get together. Mainly because of the busy Good Friday and Saturday with baking and 3 pretty big orders to fulfil. But now that they are all done, I feel like its nap time and I just can't bring myself to organise or do anything else. Isn't that just poor form?
I had a wonderful nap yesterday and I kind of wish I had a huge garden with beautiful flowers and a hammock between two giant trees. But who would take care of said garden for me? Where would this place be?
Anyways, I was kind of thinking of the cakes that I'd made. Most of these were via referrals so I knew someone who the customer also know - a mutual friend. Small worlds. I was thinking about the Thomas cake I made in particular as I'd also done the Christening cake for her little boy when he was just a baby. That was about 3 years ago. Time flies and I've come a long way since then. I was also thinking of April Fool's Day where one of my friends as an April Fool's joke had said she was pregnant. And I was just thinking that her first son is turning 7 this year. 7! It made me think of Target (also because a huge chapter has closed for another friend of mine in relation to this) and 7 years ago, I was still working at target. Look at where I am now. . . it kind of puts things in perspective. Just yesterday, I was thinking about what I had done with my life (along the lines of "not much").
7 years is a long time. What will the next 7 bring? Apparently 28 is the best year of your 20s so I still have some time ;)
Happy Easter everyone. Even if you aren't religious (shoots hand up), it's a great time for reflection. and rest And for eating Chocolate Eggs.

0 feedback