And you thought the week before was bad...

4/19/2015 01:39:00 pm

Not sure how it happened but the other 2 ladies in my team managed to both have a week off this past week. And boy, was I hammered or was I hammered? Working late, taking work home and for a quiet period, working on the weekend... a lot. :-(

It helps to have the day broken up or extended. Such as a super quick Tuesday wine with Sarah. Just to check up on her and make sure she's doing ok. A lot's been going on in her life these past two months and thought some baked goods wouldn't go awry.

Then we had a little celebration for Donna's whopping (I kid) 27th birthday. Belly bao,.. amazing A-MAZING fried chicken and yummy cocktails. I personally did not taste any alcohol. We were discussing engagement rings... funny right? I even managed to fit in an overdue grocery shop after this event.

Attended a funeral on Friday. Always the emotional one... think I cry more with age? I haven't been to very many of these (and one who hope that you don't at this age) but it was a lady who was pretty much my mum's mom-away-from-home. But some of the stuff that happened during and after the service.... you'd think you only see it happen in movies / soapies / tv. Still trying to figure out why.

I was always pretty drained by Friday afternoon but there was so much more work to do. And baking... not sure what happened. The last couple of days have been a bit of a blur.

If I wasn't on my laptop I was in the kitchen and I think last night, was up until about 1 a.m. reviewing quotes. Reminds me of uni days and cramming. Haha! But I get paid for it now...

Dropped off a cake to Randwick.. literally around the corner from UNSW. Ahh nostalgia. I also wished I lived in the area. Needs RICH HUBBY AND HIGH PAYING JOB!!! Finally have a little time to ... unwind. That sounds so good.


You Might Also Like

0 feedback