What's next?

1/07/2014 08:56:00 pm

My new neighbours are pretty noisy. They're always sitting outside on their terrance with largish groups. Directly below my bedroom window. And can smell their cigarettes =/

I didn't have / haven't defined any goals for this year. But if there was one, it would be to get a permanent role. . . what I didn't see coming so soon was an offer for one. And I'm not so sure how I feel about it. Spoke to my CFO (he was the one who put me forward) today and another girl in the other team. And they think it's a great move, great opportunity.. I think logically, i'm saying yes but not so sure why my heart is saying maybe...

Most people have 6 career changes in their lifetime. And this would be number 3 for me. Not sure how that would look against my resume.

Why the maybe? Its moving away from pure accounting/finance (could potentially be not so bad?). I think its a lot of admin. It's a parallel move, not a promotion. It's moving to a different LoB. New manager (who apparently is awesome). There are opportunities to specialist in new areas. It is great exposure to the business. It also means longer hours at month/quarter/year end. It's a perm role...

I don't feel like I've walked into a brick wall but I most certainly feel a little stunned. And I guess flattered that my CFO put me forward (but he also put me forward for my current roll...?). Decisions decisions.

You Might Also Like

0 feedback