Week 7: Quarter-end

4/05/2016 05:08:00 pm






Probably one of the quietest quarter-ends I've experienced and it seemed we were done by around 7 PM which is really early...

And as it was so quiet, Ken and I actually went for sushi, sake and bowling the day before the last day of the quarter for some mid-week entertainment. We both played really poorly that we didn't even reach 100 points. Ken should have probably won but he somehow managed to get only 1 of the 2 pins lefts standing on his last bowl when the two pins were directly in line... no idea how he missed the second one! A tie was definitely not what we expected...

Spent some time testing the oven out this weekend. After realising how expensive butter is (if you can find it at all btw as there is a huge shortage of butter in Japan...), I was determined to make some cookies for our hanami picnic. And success! I could only bake around 12 mini cookies at a time so I had to make around 7 batches but they worked and they were yummy according to my colleagues. :-)

 Next up, trying to make a cake!

You Might Also Like

0 feedback