Week 4: Winter is still hanging around

3/13/2016 10:18:00 pm


The strangest thing has happened this week... there have been TWO resignations in the Tokyo office. After getting the impression that no one resigns, it's very strange! And now I know (or know of) 4 people who've resigned from the Tokyo office. We haven't even had that many resignations within my wider team in Sydney.

Pretty ordinary week this week. Work, run, home. Rain. Windchill. Language class. This weekend I went to Kisarazu Outlet Park. It was very cold and whilst it was a big outlet centre, it let me down. The sales weren't as awesome as Hawaii or Vegas (that's my benchmark) but I still managed to come home with a few items. Most importantly my mountaineering gear and some new Kate Spade! Also had a chai latte that was sheeeeet expensive and a let down at one of the coffee chains. I think I am slowly growing accustomed to crap coffee and an outrageous price is something of the norm here. Boo.

I also had dinner with my new friend (a friend of Janice's) Natsumi. We had sukiyaki (which is Japanese style hot pot with sliced beef) and it was so yummy although the broth was a bit sweet for me. Washed down with beers, it was perfect on Friday night because it was so cold. You dip the boiled meats and vegetable in raw egg before you eat it - and I think this is where the hot pot (steamboat) custom comes from. I personally don't really like to dip my stuff in slimy sauce and would prefer to eat it straight from the pot.

Today, I walked from Shinjuku to Shibuya (roughly 2.5 km) and visited a few shops to find some baking stuff. Not as much as I remembered and also just not... right. Everything is in tiny sizes... even the flaked almonds, almond meal is sold in packets of like... 50 g!

You Might Also Like

0 feedback