Week 3: Making s-l-o-w progress

3/06/2016 10:49:00 pm


This past week, I've been reviewing quotes! I've been asked questions... and and and I'm going to get my own accounts instead of feeling like a 'consultant'. WOOHOOO!!! Albeit, the reason behind this is because there has been a resignation. But it's not for another 6 weeks so there will be (hypothetically) plenty of time for a handover.

Got my first taste of late nightlife in Tokyo. We had a few drinks with some colleagues and then a colleague and I went on to another bar for one more drink. And it really was one more drink! Tried to get the boss to come along but not this time. Anyway, we were hanging around Roppongi and there were not-so-welcome touts on every corner on the streets in Roppongi. So not cool and I would personally never venture to that part of town in the evening on my own. Anyways, we went to a Brazilian bar which did all these different types of Capirinhas - all looked really good! It wasn't all that busy for a Wednesday night so we had a bar table to ourselves and had a good chat. Good thing I remember things cause it will help me with working with the team later on!

Thursday's language class was a bit boring this week. All the students were different except one girl which was strange to me. Maybe a lot of people rotate days... I think I'll just keep going on Thursday evenings until work commitments get in the way.

It is sale time in a lot of the shops! I got a massive haul at H&M on Saturday evening... wasn't a lot of items but the majority were less than half price. I need to build my wardrobe here so it was a GREAT start! Think I should also plan my weekends so I see more. I was in Ueno today (absolutely hated it) and then Ginza (much more refined). I didn't realise until reading up on it that Ueno is one of the most run-down areas of Central Tokyo and I could feel it. It was just crowded and dirty and not exactly pleasant. A bit like China or HK maybe?

I also started using my smoothie machine. It's so awesome!!! Except now my fridge feels overstocked cause of all the fresh fruit and veg I have in there for my week's supply of juice. I have a tiny tiny fridge... and also I made pasta so I have midweek meals. Speaking of housework, I have designated Sunday evening to be ironing night. I HATE IRONING. And the dryer makes your clothes extra wrinkly. NOT COOL. It would be wise to buy clothes that don't require ironing...

You Might Also Like

0 feedback