Change is a three sided shape

9/11/2014 10:47:00 pm

I got an email from my mastercard provider the other day. They're introducing the new paytag thing which eliminates the use of a credit card. And you get to have the app on your phone and access your account at anytime. Convenience much? Not to mention all the bonuses they are trying to throw at me because I no longer use the card. But it has made my will stronger to cancel my Visa in the new year. Because I don't need it and I shouldn't have to pay a few hundred dollars a year for "platinum membership". My two fee-free cards do just fine. So does the line of credit.

In other news, I tried the relatively new Waitan restaurant in Chinatown yesterday. It was really nice! Really nice for a $10 million fit out... ridiculous much? Who has that kind of money? I was actually expecting it to be really high-end, uptight and downright expensive. It was none of that but sort of feels like Spice Temple but more Chinese, discrete service, above average dishes and a modest price tag. In short, I'd go again. Especially because we only had 3 dishes: the smoked fish, mushrooms and english spinach and seafood hor fun (special order as we didn't want crispy noodles). Perhaps it was a quiet evening and so the standards were higher, but I was quietly impressed by the place and the decor. A far cry from Golden Century next door...

I've also discovered that since starting this fruit, veg and the occasional seafood diet that I find meat to have a really strong flavour. Had a little bit of beef tonight in mum's curry and it was so... beefy. I think i'm beginning to understand when people can't handle the 'smell' of certain meats... and my stomach is not thanking me for it just yet... it is doing just fine with all the iron and red meat! Feeling good!

You Might Also Like

0 feedback