Now what to do with myself?

5/29/2013 08:45:00 pm

Someone once said to me, not so long ago...

When it rains, it pours.



And i say...

When the fog clears, its sunshine and happy days!!!


Apparently, it applies to the good, the bad and the weather... literally!

Monday was a mixed day. Found out more about my tenant - he tried to commit suicide... we'll leave it at that.

An offer came through from SAP. *cheers* YEAAAAAHHHHHH! So I was very excited... and I didn't know what to do because I was still waiting for another call back from another company.

So decided to get some career advice from two people who have nurtured and spoilt and seen me grow professionally over the past 15 months.. and who will always have my best interests at heart... It was supposed to be a quick conversation. Ended up meeting Nick for a drink after work and pretty much dumped my whole emotional sob story on him from beginning to end. He was like, i've only got an hour or so and i'm like... no, this will take longer. And he's like oh geez... HAHAHA and yes, it was funny because apparently we had this conversation that went totally beyond me and over my head (and if you know me, this never ever happens).

So told him about work, about how we're going backwards now that he's left, about how i am doing freakin everyone's job, etc. Told him about my job offer (he was happier than i was!). Told him about my tenant. Had a little rant about admin. Not too much though - since the woman still texts him and her life story (at least I keep it short, simple and light). Told him how I don't gossip like she does!

Anyway, we had this conversation about work and the what ifs and worse-case scenarios. And by this time, my brain wasn't functioning. and he was in one of those "you need to think long and hard about this, i'm not going to spoon feed you" moods... and i was literally *blank face* I can't even recall what i said exactly but when we left it was pouring and well... a bit like a "to be continued" i suppose.

Decided that I was going to resign on Tuesday. And Tuesday came by... and oh freaking shit. Someone was already in the "fish bowl" meeting room first thing in the morning. Could only mean one thing! So i went downstairs for a coffee and to wait for my contract - which came through. Phew. And then went back upstairs to face the music. It was pretty ugly...

Told Poh and Nick straight afterwards... and he kept pressuring me to tell admin witch. I said no. Why should I? And he wouldn't let up which was strange for him since he usually gives up after a bit. So i did after lunch. And witch and I had a chat... seems like she wants to move on too. Hah but i beat her and so if she resigns in the next week or so, spotlight won't be on me! But she's asking for way too much money??!?!

So i said to him, how come you didn't tell me about erin? and he's like...
 "... i did. last night"
"when?"
"when i asked you, what would be worse thing that could happen to you there and you said reporting to her. and i said, no, think about it on a higher level. who would everyone turn to if she wasn't there?"
 *lightbulb flickers, silver spoon moment*
I pretty much went off on a tangent after that. I think something in my head clicked then, and i was like you were stringing me along this whole time (since he knew about erin and didn't say anything - even when i asked him if she was looking for a job) and it was his turn to be completely confused. but literally, I think we both just weren't understanding each other for the rest of the day...

It didn't help that Dee decided to pipe up and prank call me pretending to be someone from my new company. AHHHHHHH it was totally hilarious. He had me going for a good 5 or so minutes. I think I'm going to visit him in my time off. excited!

And it was super awesome when i met sarah and madison for dinner last night. went to the new mexican place again. it was better than last time! again, they were more happy than i was.

Anyways, i've made it official... i signed my contract today and returned it. Here's to a new chapter, long awaited and very much welcomed!

Now that I don't have to study and not actively looking for another job... what to do with my time?

You Might Also Like

0 feedback