Chores & Family life
9/05/2016 11:32:00 am
Aussie ("Ozzie" says my Japanese & Sing colleagues) weekends are very different to the ones that I had in Japan. For one thing, it's not so easy to get around if you don't have a car. You can't just hop on a train and go for a hike. Secondly, the shops do not interest me at all here and finally, time is divided between family, friends and chores. Many of those elements which were missing in Japan life! I miss Japan weekends but I've almost missed this.
Doggie walks and doggie dates take up a long of Saturday afternoon. We to go the park, we go for long walks and then spend time grooming our two little fur babies. Here they are sticking their tongue out after a particularly long walk in the afternoon sun. Bliss.
Another thing that you may think takes only small amounts of your time but is deceptively difficult is assembling IKEA-esque furniture and/or items. In this case, it was the new compost bin that my sister bought for my mum. No joke, the instructions were shit and it took almost 2 hours for this 100 litre bin! Plus my fingers were so sore by the end.
And we have been doing Sunday dinner and games night with my cousin. We did KFC night (you know, when that recipe got 'leaked' online... it doesn't taste like KFC at all btw but it was really good southern fried chicken). Then there are times when I want to try new recipes (like my baked lavender custard tart) and then there are times when I just want to use up ingredients.
Throw in a brunch here and a catch up there and it really leaves me quite time poor. I've also been looking for a new phone and a new laptop - phone is way old and laptop has died sadly which makes me mega poor! Still waiting for the tick to start my next life changing even but in the meantime, I am definitely going to enjoy being home... with all the things that it entails.
0 feedback