Of BIrthdays and Amazing Cakes

8/15/2015 03:11:00 pm

I've had the worst allergies these couple of days and whilst I keep reiterating that I am not sick, everyone sort of tip toes around it and asks if I'm okay. My eyes are watery and my nose is red and dripping like a tab. It's actually quite irritating but it is so sweet that everyone cares.

One of the AEs from Brisbane came down on a day off and took me to lunch yesterday. I felt a bit guilty considering we haven't had the best relationship with a lot of the Qld people. But it was excellent to catch up over lunch and talk about things without eyes and ears around the office. Not to mention the gossip!

We certainly not spoilt for choice are North Sydney. There's probably 3 or 4 really nice places to go if you wanted to splurge a little for lunch. So I picked the Treehouse. Thank goodness I booked cause it was absolutely packed. They do some good dishes coupled with an adequate wine and drink menu and the service is very decent so it turned out to be a good meal. Too bad I had to rush (by rush I mean that I couldn't stay longer than  2 hours) back to the office for a meeting and an urgent approval.

Then the evening, it was Sarah's birthday! Ah... what an interesting event it was! I really made an effort to be on time to this one as I feel bad that every catch up we have, I am chronically late (work...). Anyways, my darling work hubby gave me a lift to the restaurant (oh bless him, he's really sweet when he wants to be) and so I arrived right on time! And.... I was the first person there. Um, awks. At one stage I actually thought I was in the wrong restaurant and freaking out. But all good!

Then the other people started to arrive (I didn't know very many of them and those that I did know, they were really more acquaintances than anything else) so it was a bit of small talk and boring stuff like that. Also, the crowd last night was probably mid-30s as a lot of the invitees were her BF's friends. Some had kids, one of the ladies was pregnant. A few of them were real estate agents so lots of house and property talk. And I picked up three new potential customers... yeah!

So needless to say, my cake was amaze... but that's not what I learnt from last night.

It was really refreshing to see that adults with lives probably very different to mine act just like how my friends and I act today. Even with kids and other responsibilities (they were all school friends), they manage to giggle like girls, gossip and just rehash memories like we do now. It was kind of ... soothing for me to see. I've always wondered what I'd be like in 10 years...

Anyways, I got a pick up last night as was so tired so my sister and Alberto came along. Thanks guys! Saved me a shitload in cab fare! Slept the night away and woke up to a blocked nose. urgh yuck.

Had a cake pick up (they are always late!!!) - need to post about that. And did some grocery shopping - westfield is a bit of a shithouse at the moment but the renos look promising.

Baked some bread. It turned out okay actually but I'm always so dejected that its not super high and round but more 'freeform'. Tasted delish but just looked... homely. Am I expecting too much of myself?

Off to steamboat (the fancy word for hot pot) and the movies now.

And it looks like a few of my friends are going to reconcile.

This is turning out to be a fabulous weekend.

#fulfilled

You Might Also Like

0 feedback