Love the thoughts
8/17/2014 04:21:00 pm
I must be a little out of touch. I *think* this is the first time this year that I have hosted a dinner and I was exhausted by the end of it. . . it wasn't even a big crowd but I did try and take on making a lot of things from scratch. But so enjoyable and worth the effort and so spoilt to have friends like mine.
It was a mix of my belated birthday and just having the crowd over catching up (its better than going out!). It wasn't a pretty miserable night out anyway so turned the heater up, filled the wine glasses and ate lots and lots of coconut & lime prawns, arancini, vegetarian lasagne, kale salad and meatballs in napoli sauce. I think the churros with salted caramel and ganache at the end was amazing too. Yum yum. Not to mention the beautifully heavy ombre cake made by donna and cherry's banoffee 'wyn' pie. ;) thanks so much - went down a treat! (or, in donna's case, made us all full just looking at it!)
So I had a lazy sleep in and re-sleep in. My sister banged on my door around 10 and said she made me brunch so i went downstairs to eat it. then i went back and snoozed for another couple of hours.
got up and actually needlessly went to westfield cause I said i'd go into target and say hi. it was actually busy. . . but store was looking good...
going to enjoy my next week at work... btchface is still on leave for most of the week and we have a special lunch in pyrmont on Friday. Half day! And yummy food!!!

0 feedback