Welcome to another year

7/02/2014 10:56:00 pm

Its been one year and nine days since I crossed the bridge with my new work family. There have been days that have been trying. Some that have been tiring but I can safely and quite happily say that I feel like I'm belonging and making an impact. I mean why not when your CFO asks for mates rates and volume discounts with your cakes???

For the first time since working in north Sydney, I walked across the bridge towards the city and home! Because I needed the exercise and also because we are recovering from quarter end and therefore not working... much. I did two things today and that was two more than I had on the list to quote my colleague!

Our team have a lovely 2 hour lunch with a few bottles or rose at the local liquor-turn-bar and nibbles. Lots of happy chatter and echoes of not wanting to return to work.

Some of us did... and some of us went back to collect and bags and proceed to go home. Hehehhe. It makes those long hours once every quarter more bearable.

I ended up leaving around 4:30 so went for a leisurely stroll from work back to the city and Westfield. Stopped by the Uniqlo pop up store (too expensive) and Nine West where I bought a new pair of flats cause the ones I was wearing had holes through them. My evening turned out great!! Exercising the mind, body... and wallet!

Met up with Janice to hear her woes about work... time she left that poisonous place! And we tried the new Korean place in the alley near the Albion hotel/bar/place. I rate it average. Nice decor and ambiance. Small menu. Food was Sydney Korean standard: price and taste wise. Nothing to rate extraordinary.

Ended up at Chanoma for a tea before home and I didn't expect our conversation to rehash the past. And especially not for her to apologise for her actions... specifically making me take a side. It's all forgotten now anyway but sincere of her to acknowledge. So I do appreciate that.

Came home third night in a row late and needing to make cake. I get use to it but i am also looking forward to normality next week!

Have jam packed my July and trying to make up for all the missed outings in June. YOLO!!!

You Might Also Like

0 feedback