Life works in such funny ways
9/12/2013 04:39:00 pmWhen you don't talk about something, and it doesn't cross your mind then nothing happens.
But as soon as it comes up in conversation, its like the wavelengths or something communicate with each other and things begin to happen.
Occurrence Number 1: Recruitment
I haven't had a recruiter call me for months now. And was just discussing this last night and whether we should be updating or maintaining our linkedin profiles, talking about which are the better recruiters etc. And what do you know? I get a call from a recruiter today to see 'where i was at'. Pfft. Only when it suits them. Where were YOU when i was looking for a role?
Occurrence Number 2: Business Development
So, safe to say that this is something that is actually within my control. I get that if nothing happens, that's more than likely my fault. But it only takes one phone call, one email or one conversation to change your path. Again, we were just talking about it last night not just for myself on how to get my name out there but also for PR and nick since they both also had ABNs for different reasons (here also was the conversation about loss-loss or made-losss). That conversation happening this afternoon. One of the EAs had a pretty difficult time sourcing some goodies for afternoon tea. Ended up paying $80 for 18 cupcakes and she wasn't happy that they tried to charge her for a bag (plus that she had to go pick them up, etc). And i and my boss were like... i could do it!!! Whipped out the iPad with my photos and BAM!! Done deal! with BOTH EA's. Yep, that's how you do deals.
Feeling like I have taken a step in a positive direction! I'm going to Myer to celebrate by buying myself 2 baking books this afternoon!
0 feedback