in a sad place...
8/10/2012 08:17:00 pmI'm not sure what was wrong with me today. But it felt a bit along the lines of the whole world is against me (well, not the world, but WORK) and it was a downhill sob story from there... Not in a good place at the moment.
I think maybe on another tangent, I knew shit was about to hit the fan.
And it has begun.
Something just didn't feel right today and I pretty much took it out on my fearless leader . . . and he probably put it down to PMS. It wasn't!!! I just felt really unhappy at work today. Something along the lines of working too much and not getting the recognition that is deserved. And that pretty much put me in a bad mindset for the rest of the day. I even told him straight out this morning, please don't talk to me because I don't want to talk to you.
He did make me laugh though:
"I can't seem to keep any girl..."
I called Bobert at lunch time for a chat. And he was like 'you sound so unhappy and not your bright bubbly self'. Yep... I couldn't even pretend. Not that I could say much whilst at work. :-(
Anyway, the melbourne boys made it a little more bearable, especially when Dee called to say thanks for picking up an extra 2% on his placement and he's buttering me up saying he did it on purpose, it was a test etc etc and I'm speaking to him on the phone and i'm like yup yup uh huh....... *goes silent*
*reads the email that just pops up from Matt (GM in Melb)*
"Don't listen to Dee, he's just got a story for everything. Great pick up on the placement"
and Dee's like
"Are you listening to me? ..... Don't read your emails now!!!"
*Melbourne office in the background roaring with laughter*
And things get worse...
I knew something was up as soon as the two people I sit next to start whispering and having closed door conversations. (I have a knack for sussing this kind of stuff out... its like that feeling). Turns out they have decided to let go of my one other close friend in the office... because there 'just isn't enough work'.
The poor girl was supposed to come back from work on Monday after a holiday and now she has nothing to come back to... pretty upsetting. Especially when they are keeping the temp on indefinitely. Life is so unfair sometimes and its when things like this happens that makes me not want to be at work. Just because the business isn't doing as well as it was one year ago ... I just don't understand how we can spend so much of our resources on the Sales side and so little reward and recognition on back office. . . . . And I'm sceptical of what's going on, how things are going to pan out and why some people seem to be above the rules.
I don't even feel like I can trust Nick at the moment. And that is a massive issue.
0 feedback