Smashing weekend

11/06/2011 03:32:00 pm

amazing how much you can do when you are up early!

Saturday:

  • 8 a.m.: New IKEA at Tempe. Mum and I had brekkie and then we toured the new shopping complex. It was so awesome and I drove her mum saying "I want this and this and this in my own place one day". and she drove me mad by going "OMG, these kiddie toy sets and plushies and tea sets are SOOO CUTE. I WISH I HAD A GRANDKID SO I CAN BUY IT FOR THEM!!!" ...... *speechless* We only ended up buying a couple of replacement glasses, a random really nice serving bowl (at my insistence, it will be perfect for my Tea Party!! Woot woot!) and clothes line doobie. Boring.
  • 10:45 a.m.: Back at shiatty Westfield for some grocery shopping. Not much fun, rather boring and crowded. Even braved those yucky asian grocery shops on the forest. Never again for a while. . .
  • 12:30 p.m.: Head over to JYSs to meet the John. He's a nice fella. Almost comical. Very decisive!!! (Major plus +++++++) and he liked my melting moments. More brownie points for him. We went to Oatley's The Miulga Tree for lunch. Nice ambience and such a lovely day, so rather fun :)
  • 4:00 p.m.: More shopping with the Mother. Checking out some of the sales in anticipating of buying clothes for my coz's wedding!!! Two weddings really. One coming up real soon and one just around the corner in the new year. Cannot be too prepared!!! And it's cheaper to buy when the price is right, rather than buying for the occasion.
  • 6:00 p.m.: Head over to Jan's and Burwood for Sushi Train (where i watched the plates roll on by...) and movie and coffee time. we watched In Time - the new JT movie. it wasn't bad. I think i quite like JT movies... he can be rather funny. and kind of hot, but not my type. ngaw. movie ended up being free on cinebuzz... 2 tickets in VMAX for 100 points. SWEET!!!
  • Midnight: Sleepy time :-) Twas a good day. 
Sunday . . . on the other hand:
  • Slept in till 11 and complained the rest of the morning away about how hot it was. Although I did manage to get all my shopping list and recipes together for next week's party. :) :) :) :) :)
  • Went to Miranda, specifically the DJs for some expensive sorbolene shit for some person overseas. Who-da-thunk that sorbolene would cost over $30.00 per litre??? what a dumbass. I'm really sorry, but i'm use to paying closer to $3 per litre ... it smelt the same, felt the same and heck, the packaging was pretty ordinary so why the price? Just because it's coming from DJs...... LAME.
  • Got home just as the rain started to pelt all over the floor. I love the smell of rain on a hot hot day. its almost as good as freshly mowed grass. mmmmm mmmm mmmmmmmmm
  • Nessie was so scared on the thunder she tried to bolt inside when we were collecting the clothes off the line. what a chicken. why do i have such a scaredy cat for a dog? but omg omgomg you can't ever be mad at her. her puppy dog eyes gets you every single time. wendeh can't even yell at her, she just ends up laughing. yeah. hilarious!
Methinks i'm just going to surf the net for awhile... maybe do some shitty paperwork that's on my desk. find a new job, do that Europe itinerary, do my log book, yadda yadda.

You Might Also Like

0 feedback