a bittersweet christmas eve
12/24/2010 09:08:00 pmmy heart's feeling kind of heavy. . .
a day of a lot of goodbyes. and it got a bit emotional at one point. :-(
its not my official last day, but it certainly felt that way!!! and with everyone scrambling around everywhere trying to tie loose ends in the short day we had, it just made it a whole heap more insane.
more of less, my goodbyes to Bob, Greg and Donna were via email. They had a hectic day there, so it was better just to email each other. A lot of heartfelt words, and even though I'll probably still be emailing them in the next few days (or in the 2 days I have left), it just won't be the same without their witty, funny or down-to-earth replies.
I am however - definitely - going to keep in contact.
Then there came the internal farewells - no doubt i will see many of them again - but its sad to say that we will no longer be working together. so a lot of kisses and hugs there.
And I called one of the guys down in Melbourne - haven't heard from him in weeks!!! - cause he'd been on holidays and now he's working out in the yard most of the time - so limited access to emails - pleasantly surprised to hear from him - so gave him a call, told him the news. Another shocked person. . . but just so lovely to work with - everytime i had a problem - he got it fixed for me in a heartbeat.
I am so grateful for all the people whom I have come in contact and gotten to know along the way at CF who have helped me learn all about the industry, grown with, gotten support from and for shaping me into the person I am today. I am so thankful for their smiles each and everyday, their friendship and their kindness. Many of them - in all the different offices - i consider to be friends and I will genuinely miss every one of them. They have taught me so much, helped me out beyond belief (especially when i was fighting for a rundown client) and never made things too difficult. I've had - to an extent - the time of my life here.
Sometime through the late morning, early afternoon, Carl called to say Merry Christmas and all the best to him on his trip!!! Hope it doesn't get cut any shorter buddy!!! We'll catch up next year when i'm 2 minutes closer to your office!
Left around quarter to 3. Felt really weird. . .
But enough lamenting - it is the festive season and Christmas Eve afterall!!!
So to everyone - all my girls in all corners of the world - and one special one who is, once again, only a short drive away - Merry Christmas - I hope it's everything you want and more. I hope the festive season brings you closer to your loved ones, is a time of giving, joy and happiness. I hope you treasure everything that you have and get all your heart desires in the New Year. May you all be happy, healthy, prosperous and may all your dreams come true!
And to quote my colleague - "Don't eat too much Christmas Day . . . drinking lots is OK!"
Lots of love always,
wYn
0 feedback